Mine Super NewRun
Traffic5 April 2020
Event Notice and changed traffic conditions
Newcastle Running Festival and Hill to Harbour Fun Run
Sunday 5 April 2020 5.30am- 1.00pm
The Newcastle Running Festival including Newcastle Herald Hill to Harbour Challenge (Fun Run) will be held on the above date and time. The event includes full marathon, ½ marathon, 10km, 5km and 2km courses. The event promotes the City of Newcastle and encourages health and fitness and will attract over 1700 runners. Due to the size of the event, it is staged along roadways and paths, with 2 start and finish venues at Bar Beach and Queens Wharf. To protect the safety of runners the following traffic management initiatives will be in place. During these times you can expect road closures on or limited access to:
- Memorial Drive – closed from Bar Beach Ave to Kilgour Ave 5.30 – 9.15am
- Memorial Drive – closed from High St to Bar Beach Ave from 6.30am – 9.15 (resident access on request - north bound only) No access during the start of Hill to Harbour 8.20am – 9.00am
- Cliff St and the top of The Terrace - closed to entrance of King Edward Park 5.45 - 9.15am
- York Rd King Edward Park - closed 5.45am - 9.30am
- Shortland Esplanade – Watt St to Zarra St - OPEN AT ALL TIMES
- Shortland Esplanade – Closed Zarra to Nobbys closed - 5.00am – 11.30am
- Wharf Rd from Watt St to Argyle St closed from 4.00am – 1.00pm (access to apartments from Argyle end via slip lane, city side) No access east of apartments.
- Wharf Rd from Watt St to Nobby’s Rd from 5.30am –11.30am
- Honeysuckle promenade – runners on the harbour side of the walk-ways heading west and then west from Argyle St to the Worth Place car park. 6.00am – 11.30am
- Honeysuckle Drive southern footpath – runners -6am – 12pm - Note 3 Crossing points.
- Harbour Foreshore paths from Honeysuckle to Carrington Rowing Club - runners - 6.20am – 12pm
Your residence or business is located in the above area. We would appreciate your cooperation by avoiding vehicle movements and otherwise watching out for runners during this period. If you have any questions, please go to the webpage www.newrun.com.au or contact our office on 49348138 or 0409684246. Thank you for your assistance, Paul Humphreys, Event Director and Hunter local.